Doing dumbbell tricep exercises are great for strength and you have more control on which part or how to hit the specific part of the triceps muscle which is the biggest muscles of you arm, having big TRICEPS not BICEPS makes your arms much bigger and fuller with a well rounded look.
The triceps, located on the back of your upper arms, play a significant role in various pushing movements and are essential for achieving well-defined, strong arms. Performing dumbbells’ exercises for triceps allows for greater range of motion for triceps and also allows for greater stability.
Here are several different dumbbell tricep exercises to target and strengthen your triceps:
Dumbbell Tricep Extensions (Skull Crushers)
- Lie flat on a bench with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Extend your arms straight up, so the dumbbells are directly above your chest.
- Bend your elbows, lowering the dumbbells towards your forehead, and then extend your arms back up.
- Be careful not to let the weights drop onto your head, hence the name “skull crushers.”
Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks:
- Stand with a dumbbell in each hand and bend your knees slightly.
- Hinge forward at the hips, keeping your back straight.
- Extend your arms straight behind you, and then return to the starting position.
- This exercise isolates the triceps effectively.
Dumbbell Tricep Dips:
- Position two dumbbells shoulder-width apart and sit on the edge of a bench or chair.
- Place your hands on the dumbbells, fingers facing forward.
- Slide your hips off the bench and lower your body by bending your elbows.
- Push back up to the starting position.
Dumbbell Tricep Press:
- Lie on a bench with a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing forward.
- Press the dumbbells straight up, keeping your wrists in line with your elbows.
- Lower the dumbbells back down to chest level, and then press them up again.
Dumbbell Tricep Pullovers:
- Lie on your back on a bench with a dumbbell held with both hands above your chest.
- Lower the dumbbell backward over your head, then pull it back up.
- This exercise works the long head of the triceps along with the chest and lats.
Close-Grip Dumbbell Bench Press:
Dumbbell Tricep Hammer Curls:
- Stand or sit with a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing your torso.
- Keep your upper arms stationary and curl the dumbbells while contracting your triceps.
- This exercise targets the long head of the triceps.
Dumbbell tricep exercises
These exercises can be mixed and matched in your tricep workout routine to add variety and effectively target different areas of the triceps. Remember to use proper form and start with a weight that you can control to avoid injury.